Wednesday 10 October 2012

Time after time...

Hi guys......

Its so dusty *coughs* been months since I've been in here.
 There's so much I want tell you about and I will.

A lot has happened since I last came here lots of good stuff and sadly some bad.
Portharcourt Nigeria has been "cloudy".

I remember I was at the office when the rumours of the killings started filtering in, saw some of the gruesome pictures and that was it.

And if like me you have refused to see more gruesome pictures and that video, its ok.
So we raise our voices and speak up for justice and also pray for the souls of Ugonna, Lloyd, Tekena and Chidiaka who were brutally murdered by an irate crowd in aluu, Rivers state.

This incidence has unified young people in Nigeria in a way we never thought possible. We have tweeted , pinged, sang, talked about it on radio, sent text messages and made phone calls. The tragedy has formed the basis of most discussions among friends, colleagues and even strangers.

So we take from it that somehow we are all connected, we feel as though our brothers were murdered, so lets feel that way among those living too. Look around you, who needs you and who can you reach out to and help?

Let the cloud roll away and let the sunshine come.



No comments:

Post a Comment