Thursday 11 October 2012

The Day of the Girl

Hello people..

I feel like I have to re introduce myself, well am Iphie , and growing up for me was spectacular.

I had education and parents who made me believe in my self and want to be the greatest. 
Today, I am happy, I still hunger for more , but am confident in my place , in my vision and goals.

As the years go by , what I had  , has become just basics, Parents all over the world are offering their children so much more, raising girls who are focused and confident.


Today is the International Day of the Girl a day which promotes girl rights and highlights gender inequalities that remain between boys and girls.

Ironically this comes a few days after a 14 year old Pakistani girl Malala Yousufza was shot and wounded by Taliban's for being an advocate for girl child education.

Malala Yousufza

A Taliban gunman climbed aboard Yousufzai's bus Tuesday and shot her in the head.
 Two other children were also wounded. The gunman fled.

This brave girl wrote in a blog which was published by bbc where she described most of the atrocities committed by the taliban. 

She wrote under a pseudonym Gul Makai.

 She insists on getting education despite the contrary stand of the harsh and violent society she lives in.






In Nigeria , girl child education is a battle that was fought and won except for a few parts of the county. 
But more disturbing is the frequent cases of child rape.
In 2012 alone lots of case have been recorded  grown men raping and molesting young girls and repeat occurrences spread across the country.
raped girls
A few days ago I listened to a colleague of mine passionately talk about his daughter, so I thought for today imagine every girl around you was your daughter or your little sister, you wouldn't want to see any one hurt her or deprive her the right to study and grow and become successful.




Discrimination and violence against girls and violations of their human rights still happen. This day was chosen by the UN in December 2011 to raise awareness against it. Its the Day of the Girl ...




"we want to protected and loved , we want education , we want to be safe, we want to be treated as equals"





Am off to grab a meal... yep , girls also eat as much as the boys do, we are all special like that, I 'act like a lady and eat like a man' and still  a surprising size eight.*wink* lol










No comments:

Post a Comment