Thursday 5 April 2012

Easter and the digits .....

Just a month ago I had my Easter figured out, how I was going to travel to Lagos on Thursday, spend the Easter weekend with my friends and attend a friends wedding on Easter Monday, so yesterday should have seen me packing my bags, but it had me awake on my bed trying to cook up a fantastic excuse (i wont call it a lie) to give to my friend for not attending her wedding.

Am not one given to excuses but I totally forgot to book a flight ticket way in advance , my jaw dropped after I calculated all I would have to spend considering the Easter rush and the massive hike in fares, I decided to 'park ' well. lol, but I will call and honestly apologise. (no lies).

So I have an amazing plan B for Easter, will give you the details after they have happened though, but it includes visiting my family for a night , cooking up a storm in my apartment and attending a Frank Edwards concert with my sister who'll be visiting.

I planned to give my self  a present for Easter, a pet actually . Not sure what my actual reasons were but you see I have never had a pet, except of course the the dogs we had at home while growing up - Tiger and Snoopy, so you see they weren't exactly mine, they were every body's dogs.

This time though I wasn't going to get a dog, I saw pictures of these beautiful little rabbits and I thought 'WHY NOT'?

wainbow wabbits..lol


They were in so many different colours, I want to believe they are special specie of rabbits , but a  friend of mine insists they were painted .
 I fell in love with these cute little things but quickly respected myself and fell out of love as soon as I heard what they cost.




In case you are not sure, 200k means two hundred thousand naira , so if you are wondering if am still going ahead with the plan to buy it , the answer is YES  I mean NO!.

When India Arie sang little things and the joy they bring am sure she didn't mean ridiculously little expensive things and the E in Easter doesnt stand for Extravagant....lol
Happy Easter












No comments:

Post a Comment